Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Greetings. :)

Hello. My name is Jasmine Sturgill...USI has me listed as Jasmine Goff although tomorrow I celebrate my 4th wedding anniversary. I assure you, my name is actually Sturgill.
I'm a 26 year old senior. I grew up in Evansville on the south and east sides of town. I attended Bosse for most of high school but graduated from Harrison in 2001. I attended USI directly out of high school and stayed for 2.5 years. During that time, I had a bad breakup and had an Aunt and Uncle offer to let me move in with them. So I packed up my crap and moved to Kentucky. I attended Morehead State where I declared Electronic Media Production as my major and Women's Studies as my minor. I worked for the local radio station there, continuing on my experiences in high school radio/tv production and college radio. I loved it but the pay is bad, the hours are worse, the chances for advancement, well, that's something I don't want to get into right now.

I'm listed as a radio/tv major but I think I'm switching or adding a second major since I've got two classes to go for the required classes for that major. I'm leaning towards secondary education with a social science emphasis.

I met my now husband Brian my first day of class the spring of 04 at MSU, we became fast friends, started dating after finals that semester, I moved in with him that December, we married July 23, 2005 and had our daughter (a little early) on Feb 11, 2006.
We lived in Kentucky in a couple apartments/trailers that can only be described with words I'm not sure I should be using for school writing. Then we decided we wanted to live closer to family so we moved in with his mom for what was supposed to be a month or two while we found a house to purchase. Well, a month or two turned into 6 very long months before we moved into a teeny apartment in the town where he worked. We lived there for 18 months before we bought a house in Evansville in May. We are working to get it all fixed up. It was a foreclosure and we got it dirt cheap.

Brian and I are raising a 3 year old little girl named Kiernan Diane. Kiernan is in daycare for the first time in her life now that I'm back in school but she seems much happier with it than I am!
We have a St. Bernard puppy named Chewbacca, two kittens named Vader and Maul and two hamsters named Dora and Diego. All are male so Kiernan and I are kind of outnumbered.

I've stayed home with Kiernan pretty much exclusively the last 3.5 years...Just raising my kid the best way I know how. We are actively trying for another child but I have fertility issues so we're just on a "when it happens, it happens" basis right now.

I am a bit of a big mouth a consider myself an open book so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment