Saturday, July 25, 2009

1. Which prompt do you think you will select? Why does this one appeal to you over the others?

I believe I'm going to choose prompt number 3. Well, I don't have much in the way of a food family tree, I don't have any specific memories of food like that other than getting sick on banana milk shakes, and the last prompt is too personal for me right now. :)

2. Which mode(s) of writing will be most helpful to you in terms of creating content? Will you primarily tell a story, compare and/or contrast or describe, for example? What other modes of writing/thinking will you utilize?

I do better telling stories. I will most likely have a great deal of description because descriptive writing is interesting to me.

3. What specific details will you include for your reader? Why are these details important? What will they accomplish?

I plan to talk about texture of food a lot. That's important to me because I want to give the reader a detailed view of what I'm talking about and the way food feels in your mouth is very important.

4. What “place(s)” or “scene(s)” will you try to recreate for your reader? Why are they crucial?

I want to talk about the way some of the restaurants were set up. Part of the appeal of Japanese food for me is the atmosphere of the shop itself.

5. Thinking in terms of a working thesis, what do you think will be your main reason for writing? What are you hoping to accomplish in your essay?

I want the general idea to be similar to the blog I posted last week in that you don't know if you're going to truly like something until you try it. I hope to convince some picky eaters to try new foods.

6. What problems or struggles do you experience when it comes to writing? How can you overcome these difficulties?

I have a problem writing exactly the way I speak. I'm not sure if that is a bad thing for this essay other than I need to write more formally than I do on my personal blog over on El Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment